The simple and refined beauty of English garden landscape design can blend easily with a variety of home styles and has been a popular outdoor design theme for many years.
Gracious curves, lush green lawns, and fragrant, colorful blooms can transform your home into a relaxing outdoor hideaway, reminiscent of the tranquil English countryside.
The traditional English garden style has its roots in the English culture.
It is most noted for the array of fragrant flowers and abundant, lush plant life, as well as the romantic element of secluded sitting areas and meandering walkways, covered with creeping vines and majestic shade trees.
Incorporating an English garden landscape design into your own property is simple. With the right landscape design materials and carefully selected outdoor accessories, you can create the perfect garden for your afternoon tea. Experience a romantic English garden.
The Materials That Create English Gardens of Mystery
Winding pathways surrounded by flourishing plant life are an essential part of English gardens.
Whether you’re strolling through the garden under the light of the moon or enjoying the afternoon breeze in the midst of the sweet floral aroma, the design of your garden paths should add an element of romance and an air of mystery to your outdoor design.
- The English garden style boasts a relaxed, free-flowing ambiance. Design paths to be functional, but primarily to enjoy the beauty of your outdoor space.
- Opt for curves and soft angles in your landscape design rather than straight lines and sharp corners.
- Allow colorful flowers, sprawling greenery, and aromatic herbs to gracefully brush the edges of your paths for a natural, rustic appearance.
- Combine various path materials for a more authentic English garden look. Stone pavers are a nice match for both gravel and brick.
- Choose natural, unobtrusive colors for pathway materials.
- Lawn is also an important element of your English garden landscape design. Plan sitting areas and other functional areas amid lush green lawns that allow you to enjoy the charm of your outdoor space.
English Garden Plant Life
The English garden style is full of natural charm created by an abundance of colorful, untamed plant life.
As with any landscape design, it is important to select a variety of annuals, Perrenials and shrubs to keep your garden colorful and vibrant year round.
English garden landscape designs are unique and require special attention to planning details.
Similar styles, including the quaint cottage garden designs and the French country gardens , have the same relaxing charm but may be more appropriate for your property.